View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 12:53 PM   #38
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULLSPLITTER View Post
Hello, Rand....aka "Louis The Bold" here...you're absolutely right...

This is such an easy pick...because it's plain as day who the overall better boxer is...in fact Ward SHOULD be the favorite...as I'll explain further down...

One thing before I do that...garbage fans wanna bring up "Experience at the Pro level"...lol...Brian Nielsen had "experience"....I watched some "experienced", 40-0 bum from South America get destroyed by an average fighter a few months back in his American showcase bout...

BULLSHIT Experience is what it is...

It's like this....

On one end here....you have a smart, athletically skilled, versatile, properly groomed, American Olympic Gold Medalist.....and on the other, you pretty much have another "High Level" guy on a Euro scale...

I'm not saying Ward's high on a Global scale yet...but 9 times out of 10, there's a big difference in Class between just a Top AMERICAN and a Top Euro (saying both are at or near their best)....that's just the way it was, the way it is, and the way it always will be....

Add in the fact that Kessler hasn't done a God Damn thing since LOSING to another Top EURO (follow me?) 2 years ago...throwing away his prime....and the gap in Class becomes even more apparent...

Then....watch Kessler's and Ward's last fights, and you can see exactly who was rusty, slow, and wide and who was in good form...and their leagues are a mile apart now......but there's MORE...lol

THEN, you add in the fact that the fight's in Oakland, America.....remember Froch-Dirrell?...OUCH!....there's no way Kessler's gonna outbox or outadapt Ward....but there will be payback if necessary....all close decisions WILL go to Ward...so basically, the only way Kessler can win is if he stops Ward.....

but like I've said before...HERE'S the REAL kicker....

Ward's Pedigree and Boxing IQ won't allow him to get stopped...

Ward by Unanimous Decision...117-111.

Great post. I see Ward taking this fight as well. I am very surprised that so many are picking Kessler. This is the fight Goosen wanted for Ward in the first round. Ward is the worst matchup for Kessler in this tourney.
BigReg is offline  Top