Old 10-05-2007, 06:29 AM   #62
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marvelous Marvin Hagler appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi
I don't want anything. You happened to say "Hagler knew Duran was good at 160lbs". That was your reponse after my post about Hagler's lacklusture display against a former lightweight. You said Hagler fought cautiously and should have forced the fight more, but he knew Duran was good at 160lbs.

My question to you. How did Hagler know Duran was good at 160lbs, when he previously never fought at the weight?.

Nobody knew how De La Hoya would perform against Sturm, and nobody knew how Mayweather would perform against De La Hoya. Nobody knew how Leonard would perform against Hagler.

The Barkley fight happened years after the Hagler fight, so did Hagler look into the future?

I simply meant, that now in 2007, when we look back on boxing history and how competive Duran could have been at 160 lbs even at a high age, we know that Hagler did everything right, and his win is a good one. Thatīs why I said to you you canīt compare Hopkins win over DLH (who lost normally against Sturm, who is worse than Barkley) with Haglerīs win over Duran...
Luigi1985 is online now  Top