View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #21
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987
Default Re: If Paquiao KOs Mayweather...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
My understanding is Pac's early career stoppages were the result of damage to the body (which was still young and spindly at the time).

When we've seen him hurt by headshots (would you be referring to the two JMM fights?) it's been a brief moment of stun from which he recovers with disturbing quickness. There's also the somewhat controversial consideration of weight gain improving one's resistance. I'll take this as a segue opportunity to plug this thread and invite you to weigh in on the subject: http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/...d.php?t=182602
There was a thread a while back documenting the Rustico Torrecampo knockout loss and a slow-motion appears to show the shot actually landing on his chin. He was also knocked down heavily against Nedal Hussein via a jab and given a long-count, although these were at 112 & 122 respectively and therefore now completely irrelevant.

He did seem a little stunned by a couple of Cotto's counters on occasion, but I don't blame him given he was piling on the pressure and was caught by left-hooks from a power-punching naturally left handed fully-fledged 147lber. And he was stunned for literally about a second it seemed and then carried on piling the pressure on.
TommyV is offline  Top