Old 11-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #40
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who did you have winning, J L Ramirez vs Edwin Rosario

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBILL View Post

C'mon, smell the coffee pot that's brewing......... Back in 1983, Ed Rosie was the new hot shot 135 pounder on the block that CBS was eyeing and hyping, along with Hector Camacho...... Rosario fighting a Mexican in Puerto Rico was a natural and all set / staged for a Rosario victory...... BUT! The two fights that Rosario and Ramirez fought turned out to be more of a struggle than ever expected for team Rosario and Puerto Rico......

Jose L. Ramirez had no really backing or hype going into either fight with Rosario in 1983 and '84........ Ramirez was thought to be a lamb for the slaughter.....

I give a lot of credit to Ramirez for overcoming the odds and by willing to travel to Rosario's home turf to rumble..... Yes, of course Ramirez wanted the additional money and a title shot..... But, fact is, Ramirez was thought to be a long shot......
Yep.

Rosario was supposed to be "the next Duran" or "the next Wilfredo Gomez" after he KO'd Viruet, but those fights blew it for him. Those fights would always cloud his reputation, even after his big win over Bramble.
My2Sense is offline  Top