Old 11-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #43
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Benitez vs McCallum At 154

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooners!! View Post

Difference being that McCallum does not fall in when he goes to the body, Duran used to wrestle the opponent before going to the body, he does not work his shots to the body off his combination's or jab like McCallum did, that is the sign of a good body puncher.

Thats right and Kalambay was a helluva fighter, Nunn got lucky and would of had major trouble with him imo if he had not scored that early KO.

Benitez was no where near as illusive as people try to make out imo, he could be caught if you could follow up your attacks. Benitez was good at slipping the first few but he got nailed against Hearns, Hilton trying to show how adept he was at slipping punches, Moore was catching him and Moore was not going to the body( before the ankle injury), he also got nailed against Leonard when Leonard followed up, Curry moped the canvas with him, now i know you will say he was past his best when he lost to Hilton but still .
Palomino doesn't fall in and wrestle either but he couldn't land anything signifact to Benitez's body. McCallum in my opinion faces many of the same problems against Benitez that he did against Kalambay. He is not going to be able to launch his body attack and he might be a step behind Benitez in a boxing match.

Benitez still made Hearns miss a ton and Hearns was a lot faster than McCallum. The Moore, Hilton fights were meaningless, you can't possibly base your opinion on Benitez on those fights. The Bruce Curry fight was at 140 when Benitez was 18.

Leonard to me had the better of the fight because he was faster than Benitez and was able to fire punches off slightly quicker than Benitez everytime. Benitez on the other hand would have the speed advantage over McCallum.
TheGreatA is offline  Top