Old 11-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #36
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marvin Hagler vs Jake LaMotta at Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas1 View Post
What examples both ways would you put forth per Hagler the opponent?
Well it depends on your build, and your physical and mental attributes, and of course your style.

Duran gave Hagler some problems because his skills and physical assets made him better on the inside against Hagler, so Hagler was forced to become more tenative and box.

But Robinson for instance, would not want to lead against Hagler (unless he was tryin to prove somethin), because he would want to catch Hagler coming in.

Lamotta, like Duran, is shorter in stature than Hagler, and especially with his style, I can see him possibly being more effective on the inside than Hagler.

This will cause Hagler some problems that he will more than likely need to adjust to.

But considering Lamotta has fought great boxers before, better boxers than Hagler, and still manged to force them to fight his fight at times, it is not neccessarily the best idea for Hagler to just let Lamotta lead because I'm not sure if Hagler's counterpunching ability is enough to hold Jake off.

In any event, given the two men's clash of styles, Hagler will be forced to fight, and I see this as being a very difficult fight for both men. I think Hagler has the edge in power, but Lamotta will be more effective on the inside.
BITCH ASS is offline  Top