View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 04:20 PM   #18
Mantequilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist View Post
Finally watched Kid Gavilan's fight with Danny Bang Bang Womber.

You won't be surprised to know that my love affair with Kid Gavilan continued and I scored the fight for him 97-96.

It was a could have gone either way type of fight for me. Womber was the more consistent throughout, throwing and landing more shots, but I felt Kid Gavilan was better in terms of clean effective punching.

Loved the moment where Kid winds up three bolo punches consecutively amidst a ten punch flurry. Danny gave some of his own back and landed a bolo punch or two throughhout the fight which got the crowd going.

Enjoyable fight to watch, as most Gavilan fights are (Saxton farce excluded).

In terms of a rounds breakdown I gave Womber rounds 1,5 and 8. Gavilan rounds 3,6,7 and 10. The rest of the rounds even.

Don't think i've watched this one.Got about six gavilan DVD's sitting in a pile of stuff here i'll be watching soon .I've seen a lot of it already, but never had it all in the one place before, so watching them in chronological order should be interesting.

Did you check out the Winstone Louis fight , sweet?.I reckon you would like that one, considering your appreciation for Laguna and Buchanan.
Mantequilla is offline  Top