View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #24
essexboy
The Cat
ESB Addict

vCash: 418
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist View Post
Just watched and scored Eubank-Watson I. Neat fight.

Eubank edged it for me. I had him winning 115-113. Eubank taking rounds 1,2,4,5,8,9 and 12. Watson taking 3,6,7,10 and 11.

The contentious rounds for me were rounds 7,10 and 12, which were all close to being even rounds.

Eubank showed some good defensive skill in this one, avoiding a lot of Watson's shots, but his offensive output was uneven (good sharp shots mixed in with lots of winged and wild hooks and moments where he would go AWOL).

Watson was predictable and sturdy, and showed much better conditioning than Eubank. As the fight wore on his punches started to get through, even if they were thrown without much flair or creativity.

In the end I thought Eubank landed the cleaner shots overall and his better defense carried him through.

I wouldn't scream and shout if someone had Watson just ahead but I don't think there's too good an argument for it.
Lost my scorecard but I know I had Eubank winning by a point. People said Watson was robbed at the time and you still get idiots who havent even seen the fight saying it now. Some things never change.
essexboy is offline  Top