Old 06-27-2007, 11:12 PM   #29
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Poor Performance by Mundine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTDYE
you make good points mate but most of the stuff you stated about him technique wise you must have already realised? mundine doesnt work the angles.. (reason why i think winky is a bad match up), doesnt throw in combinations.. isnt much of a body puncher (despite what michaels says) doesnt really have a hook. Mundine's fight is the lighning jab, the well timed over hand right and the occasional uppercut. this is his arsenal.. not hating or hugging but that's how he fights and it wasnt much different when he had good performances against soliman and green.

the thing that worried me the most in this fight was his inability to get out of trouble. when nievas was putting the pressure on in the 5th mundine could not get a counter off or get out off the ropes. admittedly not much landed but he didnt throw a punch for about 45 seconds and if it had have been kessler he would have hit the canvas imo.

all in all i dont think he went backwards in this fight. merely did a satisfactory job against a c+ fighter. i dont think you'll be able to tell where he is going until he steps up and fights a real opponent.
Really good post mate. Glad someone can watch a fight and be half objective about it.
MSTR is offline  Top