View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 01:03 AM   #30
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Wouldn't disagree.

Pesonally has Martinez winning the first 3, 8 and 11. THINK I had Williams winning the others, 115-113, HOWEVER, a round either way or a draw is perfectly acceptable.

To those who say Martinez was the only one landing effective punching; Williams made up for the flush shots he ate with his own, he had Martinez on ***** street at one stage with a straight left (round 6 I think?)

Will watch it again, was a quality fight. A rematch for the WBO interim (useless) and the WBC at 154 is essential IMO.
I think it was the end of the 4th round when Williams landed a big left hand and Martinez was hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Rocky Lockridge-Pedroza I

Dont even think I have ever seen this fight in full because I only really remember patches of it and certainly didnt score it before. I tend just to watch fights the first time and enjoy them rather then sit down and score them. I probably should change that habit.

Ive watched and scored up to round 10. Its been a good s**** so far but I feel the commentators, ring side scorers and obviously pro Lockridge arent giving Pedroza enough credit.
Basically an end of round poll has Rocky shutting out EP after 7 and even when Pedroza wins clear rounds there are still like 40-50% voting for Rocky.
Ignoring a lot of good bodywork and consistent scoring from Pedroza in favour for Rocky landing or half landing a bigger eye catching shots and being the aggressor.

Rocky made a great start and has rocked EP a couple of times..but the 9th and 10th were BIG rounds for Pedroza, with some vicious and exciting exchanges..Great work from both men.

So far Ive got it 5 rounds Pedroza, 4 round Lockridge and 1 even...with as I said Pedroza starting to get on top when I stopped it.

I shall watch the rest of it tommorrow and post my final card.
Cheers
I thought Pedroza won it fairly, I didn't see the big controversy about it.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top