View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 05:58 AM   #70
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Just watch finally Pulev's match against Page. Not so good performance by Bulgarian. He agreed with this and said that Page was very fast and used a lot to clinch with head down.

Kubrat won clearly just 6 round, lost 3rd by little and in the others he had small dominance. Seems he may have problems with fast boxers (Pulev is also very fast for his 107-109 kg).

THis fight must be a clear sign for him that every fighter is different and he must prepare himself for the style of his opponent. I am pretty sure he didn't train for such a fast boxer as Page.

I think Platov was the perfect match, because Ukrainian is slower then Pulev. In the last three years Platov had just 3 fights (i have a chance to diner with Oleg and the guys of his coaching team in Zurich last year, where he fought Jason Gavern and he said that have some injuries problems and this was the reason for not so much matches).

Interesting fact is that Platov's manager is Ivailo Gotzev, who wanted to have a Bulgarian fighter in his stable and wanted to sign Pulev, but Kubrat prefers Sauerland. Year ago there were comanagment between Ivailo and Sauerland. Don't know what is the current situation right now.
ogii3 is offline  Top