View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #12
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Myung-Woo Yuh vs De-Jesus I: Utterly one-sided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
The size difference between Olivo and Yuh was pretty extreme. Olivo could fight too, so that was always going to be a tricky match up. Are you assured that none of those fighst were robberies? I watched the Ioka rematch today...Yuh had lost a step I thought, but he clearly won.
No robberies from what I've seen. The Olivo fight was probably the most competitive though and if someone scored that for Olivo again I probably wouldn't say it was a robbery, even though I feel there isn't a very good argument for it.

Olivo was a decent fighter, but you'd like to think Yuh, if he was all that good, would have had an easier time with him.

Like I said in the other thread, I do rate Yuh, but he lacked that one outstanding opponent to act as his litmus test. He got the better of everyone he fought, but no one ever really forced him to elevate his game and get all out of himself.

It's a pity he didn't come a little bit later and face a Carbajal or Gonzalez, becuase I think he would have beaten both and it would have really given him a legacy to talk about.
sweet_scientist is offline  Top