View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 06:57 AM   #36
itrymariti
Caņas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by es***boy View Post
Im just going through Duran's fights myself. Just watched Duran-De Jesus I and Duran does seem very green whilst De Jesus is somewhere near his peak. Even on the inside De Jesus was bullying Duran a bit in this fight, I was wondering if he was still a bit stunned for the duration of the fight after his knockdown in the first round. De Jesus was very good though and outboxed Duran superbly. Heres how I scored it:

1: De Jesus 10-8
2: Duran 10-9
3: De Jesus 10-9
4: De Jesus 10-9
5: Duran 10-9
6: De Jesus 10-9
7: De Jesus 10-9
8: De Jesus 10-9
9: Duran 10-9
10: De Jesus 10-9

De Jesus 97-92 Duran
I've got to say I had it much closer myself; I think I only had De Jesus winning it by about two rounds. I think his smothering tactics and strength on the inside kept it from being too lopsided.

Obviously, Duran hadn't matured into the defensive genius we know him to have been now, but he looked awfully lethargic and easy to hit even compared to his greener performances at the time. I can't help but think that the Duran that fought Buchanan would have slipped his way inside and forced De Jesus to fight, and that we would have seen something more similar to the second and third fights. As I said earlier, you may or may not buy the car-crash story!
itrymariti is offline  Top