View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 07:36 AM   #71
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Roland Lastarza have succeeded in other eras?

I don't know how anyone could call walcott one of the top ten heavyweights of the century, i could easily name ten guys that have done more than him. Previously you stated about 1950-1955, liston and patterson didn't do anything until the late 50's and early sixties so how you can count them i don't know, joe louis was well past his prime even by the start of 1950. So the only guys i accept of your list are walcott,charles and marciano.
You also state that holyfield was a cruiserweight which was true but he is still fighting heavyweight 11 years after he moved from cruiserweight and has had more fights at heavyweight. Did toney, jones or spinks have more fights at heavyweight than at their respective weights, i don't think so. infact jones fought 1 fight at heavyweight so that's scraping the barrel, toney has had 8 fights out of 70 at heavyweight and spinks had 5 fights at heavyweight out of 31 hardly building there legacy's as heavyweights, more like having a few heavyweight fights towards the end of their careers.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top