View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 12:09 AM   #46
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist View Post
I thought it was pretty close myself. Pedroza gave away too many early rounds and then had a battle on his hands to claw his way back. I thought he edged ahead toward the end and had some big rounds, but Lockridge bravely stole the 15th and the fight ended a draw.

Eusebio Pedroza vs. Rocky Lockridge I: 143-143 Draw
Pedroza: 7,8,9,10,12 and 14( 10-8 ).
Lockridge: 1,2,3,4,5, 11 and 15.
Rounds 6 and 13 even.

I can see someone having it for Pedroza by 2 or 3 points, but 5 points seems rather wide to me WAR.
As I said I could easily see a 2 point swing by giving one of the closer Pedroza rounds, which I believe you did, to Rocky. I think it was the 4th, Im searching frantically for my card but I think I chucked it. And by scoring one of the drawn rounds to him. Im pretty sure I gave the 6th (like you) and one of the earlier rounds drawn.
But I truly feel the commentators and crowd were ignoring good clean work from Pedroza and instead remarking on the aggressiveness of Rocky. Eusebio wasnt scoring the heavier punches but he was scoring more of them and fair bit to the body aswell. I didnt see it as a shutout earlier on but I did feel Rocky was firmly ahead after 6.

I rewatched it just to be sure and I cant see how Rocky deserved a drawn round in the 13th. For reference the pro-Lockridge crowd were scoring in favour of Rocky all night and even clear Pedroza rounds he barely squeaked past in the percentages. For the 13th 46% scored it for Pedroza and only 42% for Rocky, which given the pattern of the night that generally meant a Pedroza round.
Neither fighter did much that was noteworthy. Rocky landed a couple of hard punches later in the round but Pedroza did most of the work, scoring a fair bit to body and getting some light but clean headshots in...moreso then Rocky.

You can see that a 5 point win can tighten up very quickly when you look at it from another perspective but in turn a close points verdict can edge out to fairly comfortable when one person sees a couple of rounds a bit differently.

Thats why I really like this thread.

P.S I scored the last round even actually. If anyone deserved it though it would have been Rocky but I just thought a lot of his shots were made ineffective by Pedroza's defence..a lot were sliding off his shoulder or just grazing him. Rocky put in the bigger effort but I did feel Eusebio gave a great on aswell and again probably outlanded Rocky..making it a difficult round to score when I watched it.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Sponsored Links