View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 07:43 PM   #56
Mantequilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Eubank vs Benn rematch

Eubank:1,3,5,6,12
Benn:4,7,8,9,10,11
round 2 even

Benn had a point deducted for low blows.

Can't remember if the commentators really gave a clear final opinion here.General consensus was for Benn.

A big let down after the classic first fight.Benn fought well, and in a far more controlled, defensively responsible manner than the initial encounter.Eubank was moving well and competent defensively, but couldn't get his punches off at all and the low workrate, poor timing etc that had been hinted at in various earlier fights was now and would continue to be a bigger liability.

I had Eubank in front through 6, but most of the rounds were inconclusive and tough to score;neither fighter getting anythig consistent going offensively.I couldn't argue with anyone having Benn in front by the same margin at this point.

After that Benn started to get to grips with Eubank's D more efectively and Chris did nothing more offensively.A fairly clear trun of rounds for Benn with even a late championship rounds rally by Eubank resulting in a lot more missing than effective punches.

Despite the closeness of my card in terms of rounds, i felt Benn was clearly the better fighter and the only one who won any rounds very clearly.Eubank getting a draw was really a best case scenario for him here, and Benn can legitimately feel ripped off.

That said, it's tough to believe this fight wasn't fixed as a draw was the only result that stopped King getting a piece of either fighter.
Mantequilla is offline  Top