View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #60
Mantequilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Eubank vs Steve Collins

eubank:2,4,6,7,10(10-8 ),11,12
Collins:3,5,8,9
Round one even

Commentators had Eubank losing by a point or two.They gave Collins a ten-eight for his flash bodyshot knockdown of a squared up Eubank which i did not.Tough to say if it was a slip or not, but it was certainly not worthy of a ten eight round imo.

Good entertaining fight.Collins fought well in his usual style and Eubank, though slightly past his best, looked a helluva lot sharper than he had in a lot of his fights since Benn 2.

Lots of very tough, hard to score rounds in what was imo a very even fight up until Eubank knocked Collins down heavily with a sneaky straight right.Collins was generally busier and deceptively accurate at times, but made to miss a lot and countered well by Eubank.

After the knockdown Eubank stayed firmly in command with those last four points over 3 rounds being perhaps the only very clear ones of the fight.

Not sure i would say this was a blatant robbery, but Eubank definitely has a strong case for winning it and i felt he clearly did so.I'd compare it to Conteh getting the decision in the first Saad fight.
Mantequilla is offline  Top