View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 07:13 AM   #46
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Johnson news reads. Battling Jim, MCvey, Jeanette, and Langford!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey
You dont need glasses you need a white stick.

To beat Johnson with.

And to stick up Jeffries arse and raise him higher and higher.

If I really wanted to raise Jeffries up higher and higher, I speak of Johnson in unrealistic misty eyed terms they way you do. This way Jeffries lost to superior all time #2 heavyweight. Does this make sense to you McVey?

But I am objective, and I don't think Johnson was anywhere near that good. I have shown the board why rather convincingly. As for Ali, hes my #1 too. We have that in common! However, I do think Ali was lucky to win some of his fights, and I examine them with the same objectivity. See how easy that is? Just take off those glasses, watch the films, read news clippings, study the ages and experience level of when the fights happened and embrace the truth. It's not too hard.

Liking a fighter and fairly ranking him are two different things. For example, I think Aurto Gatti is one of the most exciting fighters of our generation. Yet Aurto wasn't an all time great in my book. I like him a lot, but remain reasonable about his chances vs the best.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Sponsored Links