View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 08:39 AM   #50
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Johnson news reads. Battling Jim, MCvey, Jeanette, and Langford!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
Nat and Jack were friends. Friends tend to over rate friends. I always laugh when they ask a trainer to or manager to rate his fighters. Is this the crutch you using?

I suppose if you think Nat is spot, on that Fitzsimmons is your #3 all time heavyweight too. And Corbett is what, #5?! Jeffries is 4-0, 4 KO's vs two of Nat's all time top five heavies. No other man on the list can come close to saying that. Johnson old beat the shell of Jeffries, and since Nat and Jack had an Ali and Cosell writer and fighter type of relationship, this must be Nat's friendly justification of why Johnson was the best. Just a hunch. Nat also said Jeffries beat the best competition.

And by the way, Fitz and Corbett are not in my top 15. I am objective. Try it sometime.

As to Grebfan's comment, yeah, Wills probably beats Johnson in 1915. It would not matter because Wills was probably too risky for Johnson to fight. Willard wasn't much of a boxer. He was big and slow, which is why Johnson probably risked the fight. Willard in my opinion was the most formidable fighter Johnson gave a title shot to. Oh, and the fight is completely mis understood. Johnson was not up 25-0 before getting knocked out. The fight was close to even. It was a tale of two fights. Johnson in control until round 15 or so, then Willard took command from rounds 16 to finish. Maybe Willard one 1-2 early rounds, and Johnson won 1-2 late rounds. Try reading the full round by round sometime or watching the near full fight. Other bogus claims about this fight were the heat was 105? Really? The weather archives don't say that. And Johnson’s dive claim is hilarious too. Just like his claim of injuring his arm in round three vs Jim Johnson, when the entire crowd saw the injury in round ten!

Other foot notes: Corbett did not do well vs Jeffries in the second fight. You are wrong.

Witherpsoon is 5x the fighter of the lesser fighters who gave Johnson trouble.

Ali and Dempsey had some issues, but they had far less than Johnson.

School is out. I have work to do. Up next for you is paragraph formation, then some more news reads.
Jack didnt win a round against Willard ,Jess is suprememly underated,he would have whipped any of those before him,especially James Jackson jefries ,who would be at the end of his telegraph pole of a jab befor succombing,bloodied and battered to Willards mighty right uppercut.Everyone knows Jeffries carried both Corbett and Fitz ,to give the punters a show,he could have put them away anytime he wanted to.Ketchel after dropping Johnson took it easy ,as per their agreement,Johnson wouldnt have dared take on the "Michigan Assassin "in a "real fight".Langford in his fight with Johnson fell down twice without taking punches ,hit himself on the nose ,breaking it,cut his own eyebrows,and took it easy ,to build up his black "brother"Johnson,of whom he was inordinately fond.Jack Obrien won every one of the 6 rounds against Johnson,who ran away,if OBrien hadnt had 2 broken hands he would have kod Johnson.
There was nothing wrong with Johnsons arm against Jim Johnson ,he was getting the shit kicked out of him ,Jack was allways yellow he proved it by refusing to fight Jimmy Wilde Johnson got a gift decision against Frank Moran,he bribed referee Carpentier with the promise of a title shot ,which he then reneged on,[you cant trust them blacks].Tommy Burns was wunning against Johnson but began to drown in Johnsons blood and had to retire.
Joe Jeanette and Sam Mcvey were 12 ,and 14 respectively when they fought Johnson ,and both should have got at least a draw.
Bob FItzsimmons was really only 25 and in the best shape of his life when he met Jeffries,he had also ben training with mackie Silverstone and had bulked up to 220lb,plus growing another 4 inches,he also wore armour plated gloves against Jeff but not onlty couldnt hurt him Jeff didnt have a mark on him after the fight.Jack Johnson was really a White man ,thats why he wouldnt give the Black challengers a chance,his real name was Al Jolson ,and using his wonderful abilities of disguise,he went on to make a name for himself as a Black face singer,his greatest hit being "Jeff ,Jeff,Jeffries Good bye,Jeff,Jeff Jeffries ,dont cry,watch for my left watch for my right,you better watch both Jeff you gonna get a whipping tonight!"
Thats OBJECTIVITY! Now will that shut you up?
mcvey is offline  Top