View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 10:26 AM   #27
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather-Hatton Nov 10th ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondDave
I think that one of the biggest decisions around this fight is what ref is assigned!

If you assign someone like Steve Smoger who breaks the fighters quickly and doesn't allow the fightes to punch their way our, then Hatton's job is going to be that much more difficult.

However, if you get a ref like Joe Cortez who lets the fighters go a little more then Hatton is at a real advantage.

Mayweather should win the fight and probably on points. Hatton's only chance is to make this fight frustrating as hell, hard to score, and physical. I think this is a bad match up for Hatton at any weight above 140.
I completely disagree with you man... I mean a total 180 bro, Steve Smoger is one of the best Ref's in the game he'll allow just enough holding and clinching to keep the bout running as smooth and fan freindly as possible. Steve knows boxing and he knows Hatton's strategy and he will let Hatton do a bit of hugging and clinching but he will not let it linger to long. Its an excellent blend of controlling the fight without being the third fighter in the ring. Cortez in my opinion takes way to much initiative in a bout.
Caper is offline  Top