View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 10:19 AM   #52
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jack Johnson news reads. Battling Jim, MCvey, Jeanette, and Langford!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
The gift of logic, reason, and objectivity on Jack Johnson eludes you my friend. If you want to engage in a debate on what I said about any all time top 5 heavyweight's ranking tumbling if they lost to, had trouble beating, or drew with the guys Johnson fought, go for it!

Guys like Ali, Foreman, Louis, Dempsey, Holmes, Tyson, and Lewis in their peak years would destroy the same competition Johnson fought with shocking ease. But if they had the same results, critics would correctly question them.

If you want this debate, go for it. I suspect you will avoid it as if it were the reincarnation of the bubonic plague. I think know my points are to strong, but you just canít say it / admit it.

There may come a time when I need to borrow your rose colored glasses. Can I borrow them if I need them?
I think you are missing the point here.

Johnsons main body of work on which he is rated as an all time great runs from the George Gardiner fight to the Jim Jeffries fight. You would be verry hard put to find a heavyweight who beat a better body of oposition than this or was more consistent against it. Of particular note is the period when Johnson held the coloured heavyweight title in which his schedule was verry impresive.
janitor is offline  Top