View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 12:01 AM   #26
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: why the hell isnt khan fighting yuri romanov???

Quote:
Originally Posted by stake501
Limond haas said on this site himself, he was more comfortable at Lightweight...ffs...he wasa the commonwealth champion at that weight, he didnt move up to fight Khan at 135. He only may havae fought twice, but it was against better quality than what Khan had fought previously.

And it is disingenous to write off Limond as a part-timer. He trained as a full-timer for that fight, and imo put up a brilliant performance. I dont know why people are saying hes a shower of shite when he is fact a very good highly skilled pro.
I have never said Limond is shite and have always rated him as a decent domestic level boxer. He won the commonwealth in his previous fight against another guy who moved up from superfeatherweight. Limond is a proud fighter and he will never back down from an opponent and ****** saw him as a fighter with a decent pedigree that Khan could look good against without much risk (due to his inactivity) and he very nearly knocked him out. The long count was a disgrace and the ref actually pulling Khan to his feet instead of continuing to count was a disgrace. Limond IS a part time fighter and still had to work whilst he trained for the Khan fight coz unfortunately he hasnt got the kind of cash that allows him to take weeks off his work.
The hype of Khan was almost brought to an abrupt end that night and that is why he was put in with Lawton, he's a light puncher(well, that night he was a non puncher). ******, the pundits and most importantly the fans are all now questioning his whiskers and until he is tested against an opponent with a bit of a dig and comes back from adversity so to speak this question mark will always be there.

Khan can also comfortably make Light Welter which suggests to me his days at lightweight are numbered and then he will havee no choice but to be tested aginst guys with better power (its no coincidence that he looks huge compared to all his opponents and neither is it a coincidence that they all have lower than average KO ratio's)
kerrminator is offline  Top