View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #123
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
I think he appears a lesser puncher due to the fact he fought better opposition
Fair point

Khaoker Galaxy vs Wilfredo Vasquez

Quite a good fight here, but an amazing display by Khaoker.

The fight started fairly slow and at range, the rounds were pretty even but i prefered Galaxy's movement and jab, although Vasquez landed some good left hooks over Galaxy's jab and right hands to his chest. The fight changed in the third as Vasquez looked to get inside and had some early sucess but Galaxy quickly adapted and started to beat Vasquez on the inside and stunned him near the end of the round. In the 5th Galaxy was knocked down but it looked like an exaggerated fall more than anything but a punch did hit him. Very odd.

After that the fight was one sided as Galaxy just stayed on top and out boxed Vasquez controlling him behind a jab and out fighting him when needed. Vasquez did keep it competitive with good hooks to the body and the aforementioned right hand to the chest but couldnt grasp the iniative from Khaoker. Khaoker stunned Vasquez afew times but could never really keep him hurt. Khaoker at times got abit over confident and Vasquez kept him honest with some good blows but khaoker responded with excellant combos.

Galaxy: 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 KD'd 5
Vasquez: 5*
Total: 118-109 Galaxy (11-1)

Galaxy UD

* 10-8 round

I thought after the Bangla bout that Khaosai was more physically imposing than his brother, but that is not the case as at times Khaoker was imposing himself on Vasquez.
GPater11093 is offline  Top