View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #131
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrymariti View Post
Monzon/Griffith II

Round 1: Monzon 10-9
Round 2: Monzon 10-9
Round 3: Monzon 10-9
Round 4: Monzon 10-9
Round 5: Monzon 10-9
Round 6: Monzon 10-9
Round 7: Monzon 10-9
Round 8: Griffith 10-9
Round 9: Griffith 10-9
Round 10: Even 10-10
Round 11: Griffith 10-9
Round 12: Griffith 10-9
Round 13: Monzon 10-9
Round 14: Monzon 10-9
Round 15: Griffith 10-9

Total: Monzon 145-141 Griffith

(Actually, the fight was scored on a 20-point must system, but **** that.)

People seem to talk about this fight as if it was a totally lackluster performance from Carlos, but I think it was more a case of him going to sleep after the first half of the fight. At the start, he looked brilliant: as fast as I've ever seen him, mixing it up a lot more than in Griffith I, getting off first and totally negating Griffith's attempts to get inside with heavy body shots, upper-cuts and hooks. He used the right hand as frequently as I've seen him (apart from vs. Briscoe) and was much more effective with it than when he just stood there constantly pawing with the jab. At one point, I think he threw a six or seven punch combination - so much for the one-dimensional 1-1-2 man! Basically, I felt he was boxing Emile's ears off and totally handling him until Round 8, where he seemed to run out of energy. (Obviously, he had trouble making weight and had to train the day before-hand, if you buy that.) Still, I thought he stole enough of the later rounds even with little left in the tank to win quite clearly.

The Monzon of the first half of the fight was a serious force to be reckoned with, though.
I thought he was fairly lacklustre in it to be honest. I had him just nabbing it by 1 or 2 rounds if i remember right. If you watch the first fight with Griffith you will notice a huge difference in Monzon.

Lupe Pintor vs Andres Torres

Just more Pintor. the fight started easy then Pintor landed a massive left hook to the body dropping Torres who got up and looked hurt. Remarkebly Torres fought back well but Pintor was cleanly picking him off like an assasin, nothing fazes that guy at all.
I did not see a cut open up but i never realy do when i watch a fight on TV, and the bout was stopped on cuts in the 4th although Pintor was dominating and really picking him off by that point.

Pintor: 1,2,3
Torres: KD'd 1
Total: 30-26 Pintor (3-0)

Pintor TKO4 Torres

Lupe Pintor vs Tony Rocha

Pintor started as usual and looked good. In the third he dropped Rocha who rolled under the ropes when he went down and looked hurt but springed up at '8' and survived the round. In the 4th Pintor unleashed a beastly liver shot and Rocha was rolling all over the floor even after the ten count had finished and while they was announcing the result!

Pintor: 1,2,3
Rocha: KD'd 3,4
Total: 30-26 Pintor (3-0)

Pintor KO4 Rocha

Lupe Pintor vs Eijero Murata

Excellant fight this real contrast of style and had alot of drama. Murata came out positivly and really out manuevered Pintor and landed hard jarring shots especially his right hand that really shook Pintor. Murata just kept moving and landing his shots. In the 5th and 6th Murata looked to start to tire but still took the rounds. The pace slowed in the 7th as Murata took a break and Pintor landed some good counters to take a very close round. At this point I was thinking Murata will start to tire and Pintor will come on like Margarito vs Cotto. It seemed Murata's workrate was what Pintor was bothered about.

The 8th, 9th and 10th were a return to the pattern as again Murata moved around and landed his hard right hands on Pintor who just couldnt seem to time him properly.

Although in the 11th it all changed. Murata elated by his sucess decided to trade with Pintor and shook him early, sensing his advantage he pounced on Pintor who engaged in an inside war and looked and Pintor landed some jarring uppercuts and soon Murata was all round the ring as Pintor punched desperatly (but still completly composed and unfazed) but Murata showing his grit weathered the storm. Perhaps both needing a rest the pace slowed and Pintor again took it with good counters in a very close round. Murata amazingly recaptured his earlier form and took the 13th round with his controlled boxing.

The 14th was the clearest round of the fight as Pintor punched Murata round the ring and a stoppage looked possible as Murata took a hiding and survived a doctor inspection for a closed right eye. But try as he might Pinto couldnt finish off his prey. Like Lazurith Murata came back amazingly and outboxed Pintor to snatch the final round.

I disagreed with the Draw result and felt Murata got it, it would be interesting to see if anyone else has seen this bout as it is excellant. Although Murata's early rounds were close I did think his right hand won them for him.

Pintor: 7,11,12,14*
Murata:1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9,10,13,15
Total: 145-139 Murata (11-4)
*= 10-8 round

Pintor DRAW Murata
GPater11093 is offline  Top