View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 08:56 PM   #17
boxingwizard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How to enjoy all of boxing when you dislike structure and having to do things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy View Post
If you're in a gym with 'coaches' that just want to throw you in there without teaching you the proper skills. (and the really boring ones, like stepping right and left, blocking, slipping, defense, etc) then you need to find another gym.

...and what's with forcing you to lose water weight during working out?! That's just negligent.
I don't particularly like that gym anymore, I was really optimistic and happy at first, but the more I kept on going the more I felt depressed and miserable due to things not having to do with boxing. And I know if I come back they will try to pressure me into getting fights soon when I'm a weekend worker when all the fights are. And I'd like to take my time with all that. If I don't go back, I'm going to piss off my trainer and the gym, but I'd rather be an individual who decided for myself than doing things to appease or please others. I'd rather go to a better gym in the future than put up with all the negativity and bs I did earlier. And the time window for going to that gym is a short window of about 3 months. That and I can't really compete due to my schedule, and this is my last semester of college, I'm going to have fun and not feel depressed anymore and I may just see what happens with boxing in the future because I don't have to do it.
boxingwizard is offline  Top