View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 09:33 PM   #172
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Antonio Cervantes W15 Esteban Dejesus
Interesting fight. A Colombian and Puerto Rican fighting in Panama. The majority of the crowd seemed to be pulling for Dejesus. Dejesus started out pretty good (I gave him 3 of the first 4 rounds). Cervantes started to settle in and cut Dejesus in the 5th. I think this affected Dejesus but even if not cut, I think the outcome would've been the same. Cervantes was like a big telephone poll. Dejesus had trouble with his height and his jab. He gradually just wilted Dejesus. It was reported that Duran and Carlos Eleta were at ringside. I'm sure Duran would've fought Cervantes but Eleta wanted no part of that fight (as per 'Hands Of Stone'). I tend to think Duran would've taken it but Cervantes was a bad man and it would've been a tough fight. Scored this fight 147-137 for Cervantes.

Bobby Watts W10 Marvin Hagler
Good action fight. Watts was busier and seemed a little sharper than Hagler. I was surprised that I actually scored it for Watts 6-4. Watts dictated a little more with his jab and some timely movement. Hagler was pre-prime in this one and Watts was past it in the second fight. A prime Hagler would've figured this puzzle out.
natonic is offline  Top