Old 01-26-2010, 12:12 PM   #15072
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamburke83 View Post
EBU Title and try use it as an elimanator to fight for IBF Against Cristobal Cruz maybe.........

Either way our 2 best Featherweight prospects fighting is mouth watering and for the lads sake hopefully it will be worth while for both.....
I find it funny when fans of Pajo constantly mention Cruz and the IBF belt......you do realise Pajo's not ranked by the IBF ?, and that he actually can't fight in an IBF eliminator till he is ?

He's also not as big a puncher as Derry Matthews or Paul Appleby imo, and I don't mean to have this sound like I'm hating on Patrick because I think he's a very good fighter and would give Lindsey a good fight(although I think Lindsay would win).

You have to stay realistic here, Patrick has only just entered the European rankings and what him, his team and his supporters right now should focus on is getting him some good experience and have him progress through those rankings, because until he does Lindsay and his team will have no desire or want to look at him as a potential opponent. He's all risk without reward.

Here's the current European rankings:
1 Martin LINDSAY (GB)
2 Cyril THOMAS (FR)
3 John SIMPSON (GB)
4 Alberto SERVIDEI (IT)
5 Stanislav MERDOV (UA) EE-EU Champion
6 Viorel SIMION (RO)
7 Paul APPLEBY (GB)
8 Alex MISKIRTCHIAN (BE) EU champion
9 Guillauma FRENOIS (FR)
10 Yuri VORONIN (UA)
11 Nikita LUKIN (UA)
12 Paul TRUSCOTT (GB)
13 Massimo MORRA (IT)
14 Esham PICKERING (GB)
15 Jamie ARTHUR (GB)
16 Andreas EVENSEN (NO/FI)
17 Patrick HYLAND (IE)
18 Osman AKTAS (FR)
19 Marcel MEYERDIERCKS (DE)
20 Sofiane TAKOUCHT (FR)

The champion Oleg Yefimovich defends against Andrey Isaev soon.
BigEars is offline  Top