View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #181
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Angel Espada W15 Clyde Gray This was an entertaining and technical fight. Gray used some interesting tactics. He would move away from Espada's right hand (nothing mind boggling there), but he would also move the fight to the edge of the ring. It wasn't that he had his back to the ropes, but he would position his right side near the ropes. I gave Gray 3 of the first 4 rounds with 1 even. Espada cut Gray in the 5th and it changed the complexion of the fight. Espada come on in the championship rounds but inexplicably gave away the last rounds in a close fight. I had it a draw (7-7-1).

Salvador Sanchez TKO 13 Danny Lopez Typical Lopez slow start. I don't think he or anybody had much clue of Sanchez's greatness. The telecast said the fight was in a 16 foot ring. Amazing display by Sanchez. Never had a sense that Lopez was in this fight. I gave Lopez 2 rounds.

Salvador Sanchez TKO 14 Danny Lopez Lopez started faster in the second fight and gained Sanchez's respect a bit. The brilliant Sanchez changed his tactics a bit and stayed outside and a little more cautious this time. Sanchez still banked rounds and pot shotted Lopez and started dropping some heavy lumber in the late rounds. I still only gave Lopez 2 rounds in this one.

Donald Curry Tko 4 Colin Jones The Cobra at the height of his powers. I'd forgotten how one sided this fight was against a very good Jones. Jones was overmatched and just a bad styles matchup for him anyway. This version of Curry would've been more than respectable against ANY welterweight.
natonic is offline  Top
Sponsored Links