Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241
Default Re: Arthur set for Foster Jnr defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Arthur set for Foster Jnr defence

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...thurnew203.jpg Arthur will be fighting in front of a home crowd in December

Alex Arthur will take on Stephen Foster Jnr in defence of his interim WBO super featherweight title at Edinburgh's Meadowbank Stadium on 15 December.
Arthur, 29, stopped Koba Gogoladze in July to claim the temporary crown.
And he is in line to take the full WBO crown from Joan Guzman, who looks likely to vacate the title.
"This is a tremendous occasion as Edinburgh has never had a world champion fight for his own title in his city," said Arthur.
Salford-based Foster Jr said: "I feel strong and I'm confident about moving up a weight. It will be a good night."
Foster Jnr, the son of Steve 'The Viking' Foster, is stepping up from featherweight for the bout but the defending champion expects one of the toughest fights of career.
Arthur added: "To be coming up against a former world champion like Stephen is brilliant and I have the greatest respect for him.
"We both came along at the same time, different weights but quite similar records and amateur experience.
"He was a top-class amateur and I was a top-class amateur. Now we are on a collision course.
"It will be the fans that are winners because I won't take a backward step and I'm pretty sure Stephen won't either so it should be a great fight."

Now although this isnt that much of a mouth watering bout and more akin to a decent domestic scrap what on earth is Alex on about? When was Stephen ever a world champ? I recall him winning the WBU a while back but surely Alex isnt talking that up?
Arhtur knows the WBU Is junk and Is talking that up for the media and hype.

It was only a year ago when Derry Matthews owned Foster.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top