View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 07:52 AM   #35
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Froch: "I'd KO Bute & Berrio and have a great chance v. the Calzaghe-Kessler winner!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal

...do you have a link about Froch calling out Inkin and the latter dodging him? I missed that...

“I get the feeling Inkin is hoping to sit and wait in his #1 slot with the WBO and get a nice, easy, straight shot at the title,” began Froch. “But I’m afraid, Dennis, that you are going to have come through me.
“I am right on your case. We are going to be #1 and #2 for both the WBC and WBO titles. To find the mandatory there needs to be a final eliminator. Calzaghe’s next defence is due soon. Let’s cut out the rubbish and do it for both titles.
“I’m challenging you to meet me in an old-school fight between two undefeated bangers.
“Don’t swerve me at all costs like Bute has. It was looking like him and me in a WBC final eliminator, but he has gone another route. His team knew I was contracted to box last week so I couldn’t fight an IBF eliminator.
“Don’t look for the easy option and play the ratings game. You’re 29-0 with 23 KO’s; I’m 21-0 with 17 KO’s. We are the highest rated contenders, so let’s do things the proper way.
“You beat me as an amateur. You got a good win on points in an England-Russia International. But don’t forget, in the last round I put you down heavily and only the bell saved you. I want the opportunity to do the job properly this time. I’m going to knock you out.”

-------------------------------------------------------

is this the kind of thing you're referring to?
Decebal is offline  Top