View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 03:15 AM   #4
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I rate Hopkins as the best P4P of this era!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man 247
I have never been able to accept Mayweather as the best P4P fighter of this era, even though i am a Mayweather fan. To be honest i rate Hopkins as the best P4P fighter of the era. It has a lot to do with what he is still able to do at his age.

Does anyone else rate Hopkins higher than Mayweather on the P4P list. Also has to do with Mayweathers opponents.

http://supermiddleweightboxing.blogspot.com/
Not really. Jones is my p4p no.1 of this era, although Mayweather has probably surpassed him at this point. Hopkins for the most part in his career didn't do a lot, really up until his victory over Felix Trinidad. He beat oscar who was fighting 7 weight divisions above his natural weight, and went on to lose to Jermain Taylor. His best achievement in recent times is obviously the Tarver shutout which is a good win, but his resume is no way better then Mayweathers, who holds wins over guys like: Hernandez, Manfredy, Oscar, Judah, Corrales, Castillo ect. Overall Floyds comp has been better, largely due to the middleweight division being devoid of talent during Hopkins reign.
MSTR is offline  Top