View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #8
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Songs that remind you of Boxing events/matches!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post

Carl Froch vs Andre Dirrell

My iphone died in Nottingham,so I had no music. I hadn't slept, I stayed out in a Coach park pissed on a bench after the fight. Had to get on a coach to a connecting train station. Cold. Had been awake long enough that even smoking a ciggie was disgusting.

Got talking to some Hairdressers on the Train at about half six in the morning. One of them was talking about her ipod, which she'd borrowed off someone else. Her favourite band on it was Talking Heads, who I like myself. She was listening to this tune,and knowing the song well it made me anticipate my first joint upon my return home and telling my old man of the crazy night I'd had, meeting Jean Pascal,Tyson Fury, Abraham Lincoln, Jesus etc etc

Lucky I have this song to remember it by as I remember no music from any clubs we went to throughout the night. Although I do remember 'Hi-Ho Silver Lining' at the arena. That song irks me though.

The hairdressers were mingers though. That would be my only complaint of the night. However, whenever this tune comes up on my ipod I remember the tranquility of the nigh-on empty train making its way to London and turning up in St Pancreas at about 10 in the morning.

Not really much of a hype song mind. Just reminds me of the fight/night.
I love that talking heads song..have you seen Wall Street?
JIM KELLY is offline  Top