View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #76
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841
Default Re: "Pitched battle" at York Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
This is how I understand it. "Gypsy" was originally used to refer to the Romani people, who are descended from Northern India. These days you got mother****ers who can't differentiate between Romani and other travellers including Irish. So they see some Irish travellers and start calling them gypsies too. The **** have Irish travellers got to do with Romani people? Is there some kind of connection? I genuinely don't know man, Icemax, help me out. So anyway, because people just start using that term "gypsy", it now refers to any travellers and not just the Romani people?

And aren't the Romani people mostly living in Eastern Europe anyway? Not many of them in the UK right?

And what the **** is a pikey man?

Icemax, school is in session, you gotta lay it down for us, here on this thread so these fools know. I mean, at least I did a bit of research on this shit, I'm like the ideal student but I gotta get it verified by someone who knows what the **** they talking about.

I was confused cuz I was like "what the **** Irish travellers gotta do with some dudes who originated in Northern India and are now mostly living in Eastern Europe, apart from maybe they both like travelling?"

Gypsy is just the term used to call any traveller. Not always used as a derogatory.

Dont go all gay on the thread.

'Pikey' is a very offensive term. Not as bad as ****ney though.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links