View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #55
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071
Default Re: ....and new WBA champion of the World.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Smutt View Post
It is great that Flash hasn't been hounded out of here yet. He is great value to have around on many levels. As for Macklin, he doesn't have to be a massive world beater these days to beat Choc who has slipped considerably. Macklin also has the style to beat Anthony as well...
If you thought Clavero was a better fight than Siaca V Green, well that leaves me stunned - did you not see the Paul Briggs fight which was probably one of the most shameless displays I have ever seen from an Argie since 1982. Again you are missing my point re that BS title that will be on the line, I am going to say it for you again. It is not that Choc (if he wins) holds the title that will incurr my derision; it is the organisation itself for this cynical exercise in raking in cash that draws my contempt and NO fighter that holds the distinction of being a number one challenger with a belt is exempt in this case.
These "regular" titles offer a path of least resistance which has been milked to the max by some. Look at Choc who has single-handedly resurected a dying sport in this country since he came into it. He has a chance of winning a third 'world' title with the WBA, each time it was a vacant regular title where a strong world champ already resided. Imagine the man's legacy if he had indeed beaten one of those guys to become world champ? As Flamengo rightly points out the only title Choc has picked up from an actual champ was the IBO middleweight title in one of the best fights you will ever see. Since then he has completely lost that momentum as well as even more of his fan base with what he has done since.
One more time (and you did deny saying this previously), stop calling him the original Aboriginal; he has hardly done shitloads for Aboriginal affairs now has he?
He is boxing in Australia.

He looked great against medley, macklin just went the distance with pintos so i don't see what you see there. Macklin is even less refined than green. The man's legacy will read 4 time 2 weight champ after he wins his next belt and the next generation of sad sack bert sugars will have to eat it because the record books will show Anthony "the man" Mundine's name up there next to kostya, fenech etc
Geale vs Mundine was indeed a great fight and shows he can fight as well as box. I only denied it last time so you would quote me

I rarely see a news article in which he isn't doing something for the aboriginal youth. Just because he rejected green's "trust fund" he does nothing

If the IBO hadn't dicked him about he would be riding high on the crest of the pioneer wave, as it turns out he will now add a more prestige belt to appease his hunger for boxing glory. Another domino will fall
20a87 is offline  Top