Old 06-30-2007, 01:17 AM   #14
young griffo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: pipino cuevas vs miguel cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger
I never saw the Duran fight but Pipino certainly didn't fold meekly against Hearns - he took numerous power punches and ended up flat on his back. Before Hearns ruined him Cuevas was one of the most feared fighters in the world - a bone crunching puncher with a granite jaw. He's relatively slow so I can see Cotto having some early success but I don't know if Cotto can take those left hooks. It's too early to say IMO and so I will go with Cuevas KO 6.
Cuevas just stood there getting pounded by Hearns,he barely threw a punch which is why I said he folded meekly.If he'd fell on his shield throwing punches then I'd say he went down fighting but that wasn't the case.

He did a little better against Duran at least letting his hands go a bit,although Duran slipped or blocked most of his punches.But he froze once Duran had him hurt in the fourth getting floored and battered until his corner called it off.Although to be fair he was far past his prime by this point,and Duran fought an excellent fight imo.
young griffo is offline  Top