Old 05-16-2010, 01:21 AM   #42
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Bob Fitzsimmons Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt bienstock View Post
I will not comment on the ability of Bob Fitzimmons...
But there was one man who SAW every heavyweight from John L Sullivan to Joe Louis...He was a famous American poet who wrote the definitive piece on Bob Fitzimmons...The poet was Edgar Lee Masters,1869-1950..He saw every champion until 1949,and was a boxing lover besides a poet...He insisted that Bob Fitzimmons who Masters saw many times would have licked every heavyweight,until 1949...Very convincing...
The article is in a book I have called The Book of Boxing, by W.C. Heinz and Nathan Ward...The Time Of Ruby Robert,article titled pg.228..
What a convincing piece from a boxing expert who saw them ALL..A Fighting Machine On Stilts, Ruby Robert was called...Check it out...b.b.
I strongly ENCOURAGE you to read that piece listed above by Edgar Lee Masters, who saw Fitz ANd all the heavyweights since...
Then you will be better equiped to judge Ruby Bob Fitzimmons...Why guess about Fitz when we have a great eyewitness of this 160 pound boxing marvel!.
Please do yourself a favor and see what Bob Fitzimmons was really like, by a boxing expert who SAW them All !!!...b.b.
burt bienstock is offline  Top