Old 07-01-2007, 08:25 AM   #55
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: povetkin-donald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry
Good win for Povetkin, heŽs matured, first time he fought a 10 rounder, still kept the pace up for the entire route. Liked his combos, especially the short overhand right over Donlads lead hand. He couldnt drop him but then only Klitschko has accomplished this feat to date. HeŽll always be more of a technically gifted work horse, doubt heŽll develop into a full bloomed puncher, but he wont need to, if he can keep up the pace, the workrate and the versatility
Yep! Very good victory for Povetkin against a fighter who is not only tough and durable ,but who can make you look bad in a ring as well.
I scored all rounds in favour of Povetkin-to be fair the first round could have gone either way.I am totally confident that Povetkin could take on most top 15 fighters right now.However,he still needs more time to be able to compete with Wlad and Chagaev IMO.
I was very glad to see him go the full distance of 10 rounds against Donald.His stamina had been a big question mark.Well,not any more.
He seems to be the complete package.
I for my part would like him see against 1 or 2 good journeymen like Sherman Williams,or.................hehe! Timo Hoffman before he takes on the upper echelon of the top heavies.
Odo is offline  Top