Old 07-01-2007, 08:22 AM   #5
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Alexander Dimitrenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
what dimetrenko desperatley needs is sparring against pressure fighters to teach him how to relax in the ring , what to do, jab, upercut, work inside and not be worried about fighters pressuring him.

even with his amatuer career and his pro fights he has not got a clue how to adapt to this tatic and must learn.

also the stuff he klearns about moving his head in training is to forced , i think because he is so tensed up all the time in the ring.

relaxation is the key, to easier body movement and sparring the key to pressure fighters.

i am still one of the few in the minority on esb who thinks he can become a contender , just not against the brewster type fighters of this world unless he learns.

frank bruno relaxed and got better as he got older and dimetrenko must do the same.
You are right,sean! He looks horrible whenever an opponent goes for him attacking and forcing him to fight on his backfoot.Nevertheless Dimitrenko's jab is very good,and his chin seems to be okay,too.
Quite impressive how he took Koval' s murderous haymaker and continued fighting.Lots of better known heavies would not have been able to keep fighting after such a knockdown.
Though I am not really sure how he would fare against some known bangers like Virchis,Wlad,Peter,or Chagaev.
Odo is offline  Top