View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #12
Holmesy
Interloper
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1459
Default Re: Klitschko vs Haye (yes, another one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggle View Post
A little bit. You don't think Wladimir needs or wants the fight as badly as Haye does? It's hard to seal your legacy without quality opposition. What does everyone say about the Klitschko's? They're good fighters in a weak era.* Haye's an exciting fighter, he can punch, there's no doubt about that. Wlad has to take on anybody that's a threat to silence his critics. Successful title defenses are great, but he also needs signature wins.

Haye, on the other hand, has a lot to lose to Wladimir. If he gets starched now, he won't be as hot a commodity.

He wouldn't be in this situation if he didn't talk so much initially. You reap what you sow.

* We all know people say worse than that.
I see your point, but I don't think WK needs Haye anywhere near as much as the other way round. Especially as WK called him out and got no response. I don't think his legacy would be hurt a great deal by not fighting him - people would say, "Who did Haye actually fight? Has-beens and never-were's. Wlad offered him out and he pussied out".

Haye knows he could be starched and his three-big-fights plan could potentially turn into a one-fight humiliation - maybe why he's so insistent on 50%.
Holmesy is offline  Top