Old 11-11-2007, 12:57 AM   #30
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Macarinelli must feel a right dickhead now

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
Haye accepted a fight with Enzo in principle - the FW puts a clause in the contract for options on Haye's fights should he win. It makes no sense for Haye or Maloney to have made the fight at that point. Now it makes even less sense: Haye's beaten the lineal champ who, while past his best, was still dangerous.

Macca was all about how Haye was nearly finished off, how he sees weaknesses then, when Haye gives him respect, he's all "he's a great champ".

Haye has had problems for the last 18 months with the weight - it's well documented - so if he really has had enough then it makes sense for him to move up to HW where the increased weight will hopefully improve his punch resistance. To say that he's "pretending" is ignorant and selective.

He would be insane to damage his body by hanging on for Enzo who has done NOTHING to deserve the shot. All his bullshit "I'll fight whoever's put in front of me" is precisely that: he knows he's a fraud who can't compete with true world-class. He got beat by LEE SWABY!!!!! At least Haye got beaten by a former world-champ and primarily beat himself because he was over-eager.
We have to give Haye all the credit. He beat true undisputed and lineal champion in Mormeck in his hometown who held the prestigious WBC and WBA belts unlike Maccarinelli who won the WBO title by fighting a domestic fighter he had previously beaten. Sports Network will claim they wanted to make Hayve versus Enzo but mysteriously it never happened because they wanted options on Haye which they would never get. Why want options if you believe Enzo can win? We all know Haye has been struggling to make Cruiserweight. If Enzo really wants it then the fight can be at catchweight and he can keep his WBO title and defend against the weak opposition Sports Network keep giving him. I have watched Enzo close up and their is a fragility waiting to be exposed again. Safe to say that Enzo was hoping Haye would lose but Haye has shown that he is the best in the world at Cruiserweight.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top