View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 01:59 AM   #44
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588
Default Re: Most overrated HW of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
He is an absolute LOCK for top 10 All Time and CLEARLY the best of his era. Getting caught twice in your career and avenging losses while having one of the better HW resumes of all time and clearly being a top head to head HW doesn't make you a chump in my book.
No one said "chump" guy - that's hater talk, and silly. Lewis is an ATG, no doubt. But those KO losses, to substandard opposition, in the heart of your career, when you've SUPPOSED to be the best, are MAJOR deficiencies that count HEAVILY in evaluating alll time status - and it makes the term "Lock" way overstating it.

So does not facing the other top guys of the era when they were even close to their best - particularly Tyson - and not facing Bowe at all. Yeah, I know there are a million excuses for this stuff from Lewis boosters, but that's all they are, and irrelevant for evaulating all time status.

The bottom line is that Lewis is borderline top ten. "Lock" is overrating it. And, like I said, he's not even the best HW of his era, who is a lock - especially if he wins another belt.
Zakman is offline  Top