Old 11-15-2007, 04:01 AM   #65
"TKO"
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Macarinelli must feel a right **head now

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2004
****** and that's not Maccarinellis fault he's lumped with ******, my issue is with Haye saying he can't make weight which is clearly rubbish, they should make effort to get the two fighting again its a massive fight but your talking to one of the bigeest FRank ****** haters on the planet, the guy only got Hatton Tszyu and Calzaghe Lacy cus he thought he would lose both but indeed he did lose Hatton!
This is rubbish IMHO. As stated by O FOquinha, is Haye's record that of a man who takes easy fights? He's fought Arthur Williams, Carl Thompson, Garry Delaney, Glenn Kelly, Gurov, Fragomeni then gone to France and ripped Mormeck's title away from him. Enzo Mac has fought, well, let's see... Braithwaite and that's about it.

Why is it "rubbish" that Haye isn't comfortable at the weight? He has been planning the move to heavyweight for a long time (his fight before Mormeck was a heavyweight water tester against Bonin) and said a long time ago that win or lose, Mormeck was his last bout at cruiser. Haye weighed 231 for Bonin. That's 30lbs of muscle he's had to drop to make 200 and he said after the fight he hadn't had a proper meal in 17 weeks.

I don't dislike Maccarinelli and hope he cleans up the division after Haye's move. I don't even think Haye would be a cert to beat him (I'd favour him, but with two chinny bangers you'd be a fool to put too much money on it). But you cannot blame Haye for the fight not happening. He can no longer make cruiser comfortably and Mac doesn't want to fight at 210. It's just one of those things. However, Haye is the one who has the history of demanding the tough fights.
"TKO" is offline  Top