View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 04:55 AM   #46
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Randy Couture should fight James Toney in a Boxing Match. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James23 View Post
This is getting a bit stupid, so let me correct all you ****s screaming that Randy should have to fight in a boxing match to "make it even".

MMA is an equal ground. You can do anything. You're not limited to singular skill sets. Toney, or any boxer, can use their boxing, but no one has to box with them. Just like Randy, or any wrestler, can use their wrestling, but you don't have to wrestle with them.

Do you see the difference yet?

If they had a wrestling match where Toney was forced to comply with Randy's greatest strength, then yes, your argument holds weight, but they didn't. We know what the result would be either way. If Randy fights James in a boxing match, James wins. If James competes against Randy in a wrestling match, Randy wins.

Now, if they compete in a contest where they can each do their own thing, then it's equal starting ground and Randy won.

Any other questions?
wait, is randy couture just a wrestler?

where did he learn that arm triangle from greco roman wresting?

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that randy couture is a MMA fighter and has been fighting under mma rules since 1997.

"Equal ground" huh?

everyone who heard of this fight with any mma knowledge knew that toney would lose. I knew it, and I bet the TS knew it. If your surprised by the outcome you probably dont know much about mma.

I havent seen the fight yet but wouldn't be surprised if toney didnt even know how to stop the takedown and while on his back probably was completely helpless.

that suggests that toney was not prepared for coutures wrestling which of course was his own fault.
yaca you is offline  Top
Sponsored Links