View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #59
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842
Default Re: Do you consider Juan Manuel Marquez to be an ATG

Quote:
1. Wait didn't you say you watched fights instead of looking at boxrec If were going by what judges say Whitaker didnt beat Chavez. Judges aren't the be and end all
Bring on the emoticons. Man-child.

The way I deal with close fights is simple. If I believe a fight is so close that it could go either way, even despite my own scoring, I will happily accept the verdict of the judges. Both Pacquiao/Marquez fights were razor close, and could have conceivably been scored either way. You never hear me harp on about how I credit Barrera for winning all three fights with Morales, even though I think he edged the first encounter in 2000.

Quote:
3. Gainer was a very good win. The Norwood fight which was close was and another great avoided opponent, I wouldn't be suprised if Norwood beat MAB/Morales/Pac, not saying he would either, he was proven, fast, tricky, skilled southpaw who was also avoided. Chris John is an excellent technical boxer. Medina is a 6 time champ, and yes tricky. Peden went on to beat Campbell. Polo outboxed WBO champ Harrison and got jobbed, Salido a future titlist. The other Pinoy and Thai fighter I think were borderline top10. Not all those are great but lots of styles that Marquez is testing himself against and facing different styles even if they aren't elite can show lesser fighters up
Not all of these are great? None of them are great fighters. Top contenders and former world champions. Respectable competition, respectable victories.

Quote:
5. I'm not sure how stating the facts about the opponents is implying anything, may I repeat: Marquez was the same age as MAB and Casa and past his prime himself. MAB was lineal SFW champ when JMM beat him, Casa was LW lineal champ when JMM KO'd him. Diaz was a top3 LW when JMM ko'd him. Now he's fighting a young bull in Katsidis, he'll beat him too despite being 37
You actually repeated it word for word.
Addie is offline  Top