PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do you consider Juan Manuel Marquez to be an ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Going into child mode now are we, PP?

I didn't say they didn't count, only that I don't consider Chavez and Whitaker to be among the five best opponents he faced on the night.

I take the Mayweather and Pacquiao losses with a pinch of salt for obvious reasons, but whereas Oscar was undeniably past his best, both Floyd and Pacquiao were also undersized going into fights with The Golden Boy.

As things stand, Oscar did indeed lose to the best five fighters he faced in my judgment, and that's a pretty big factor to consider when ranking him.
Well the thing is you were off base on a few thing, let me give you my honest assessment of Oscar. The thing is Oscar beat Tito, nevermind what the judges said, Mosley 2 I'd say he probably won but it isn't the robbery many make it out to be. I'm sure even the past prime Whitaker he faced was amongst his best opponents and it was a close 50-50 fight - near a draw, but remember Whitaker/Oscar/Toney/Jones were all in the race for P4P no1 then. Quartey too is amongst his best and imo he lost to Quartey. Vargas, Chavez, Gonzalez are very good wins
PowerPuncher is offline  Top