View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #16
kywoo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Jan Zaveck (IBF champ) next fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post

I suspect he'd lose to Mike Jones or Wale Omotoso, who are both pretty high in the IBF's rankings, and neither of whom has much name recognition of their own. If he sits on the title and doesn't take a big fight, he'll need to take a risky fight for not a lot of money. He might as well try to get paid while he can. And who knows, maybe he'll get lucky.

That said, if Berto-Aydin wasn't approved by HBO, I doubt they'd approve Berto-Zaveck, since Zaveck has even less name recognition than Aydin. His best opportunities might be Joshua Clottey (sticking the fight on a Top Rank PPV undercard) or Kell Brook (Frank ****** might pay him well to come to the UK so Brook can win a title). And I'd actually fancy Zaveck's chances against Brook, if they go that route.
Before Jackiewicz fight there was a lot of talking that who wins will fight against Randall Bailey (but that name i didnt catch nowhere right now in media)...after that fight Omotoso said he wants to be next opponent of Zaveck...but Zaveck said he wants someone from top 5 in ratings and since Berto, Mosley and Williams`s mangers arrive to UK must be something on it...
kywoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links