View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #25
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Jan Zaveck (IBF champ) next fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
You see, this is the problem with fans who dont recognise a fighter... They underate them.
How can Zavek be a level down fron Collazo, a guy who was sparked in 3 rounds, lost to a LWW, lost clearly to Mosley and lost to Berto who hasnt beaten anyone of real note, when Zavek only has a debateable loss, won clearly a return and beat Hlatshwayo away. Collazo hasnt beaten anyone better than Jackiewicz or Hlatshwayo
I don't know about that. Collazo has a disputed loss to Berto, and almost everyone had him beating Hatton. The knockout came, what, a decade ago when he was like 20? And Jose Antonio Rivera was about at the same level as Hlathswayo and Jackieiwcz, although that win was a while ago now.

Collazo's an odd case though. He clearly should be fighting guys better than he's been fighting, and whenever he gets a step up, he goes against the elite and tends to do fairly well (other than against Mosley, where he broke his hand in the first round).

But having watched both of them fight multiple times, I'm pretty confident in saying Collazo is better. I don't know if I'd rank him higher, because his recent resume isn't as good, but I'm pretty confident Collazo would beat him in the ring.

On the con side, one could also say that Zaveck lost to someone with 8 losses and knocked out a guy who Kendall Holt knocked down three times. But it would be stupid to go there because I know Jackiewicz is better than his record and Hlatswayo had survived against some decent punchers, just like it's stupid to say what you said when about 90% of people scored the Hatton fight for Collazo and a majority scored the Berto fight for him.

Saying I don't recognize him is just stupid. I've probably watched more of his fights than you have. Hell, I was dumb enough to buy his fight against Martinez.
Brickhaus is offline  Top