View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 12:21 PM   #18
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: When someone tells you that the have a black belt in karate...do you laugh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
But most people who practise Karate mainly have the desire to achieve something. They are not going there to become word class fighters, and have no aspirations to be. I guess they want a good form of exercise, which teaches respect and self disipline. And maybe help to defend themselves when idiots start mocking and bullying them for whatever reason. So during your dinner hour, you happen across some guys playing football, do you go over and mock them, point and laugh and shout 'You'll never make it as a professional?' If you did, I bet you would be thankful for a bit of karate training to help defend yourself.
Maybe that makes me a 'pud' and so be it.
Point is its fighting form..but it doesn't teach you to defend yourself much. I have literally known 3 guys with blackbelts who got beaten up in street fights...now can that happen to a good wrestler, or boxer, or mma guy? Sure (I say "good" because the whole black belt thing suggests they are good at karate) but the boxer wrestler mma guy shouldn't get his ass beat as often as I have known karate guys to get beat.
Johnstown is offline  Top