View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 12:36 PM   #20
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: When someone tells you that the have a black belt in karate...do you laugh?

I really don't go around making fun of karate guys...but I do think it gives people false confidence. I guess false confidence is better then no confidence...still. When I was in high school a kid had a black belt from a school called Joe Goss karate. He played soccer..but otherwise wasn't real athletic..anyhow he got into a fight with a kid...who basically just played foot ball..now the karate kid was skinny...like 5"10 160...but the football player was 5"6 about 140...not big...not known as being really tough or anything...but he beat the hell out of the karate kid...since then I have known a few other karate guys who got smashed in street fights. Had to have sucked for the karate guys...now could I lose a fight to some non trained street tough...well it hasn't happened since before I started boxing...but I know it could..but hell...I know what I have learned is far more useful then most forms of karate that your going to get...where its basically breathing exercises and parlor tricks where they break boards.

But yea I did make my question sound slightly dickish...however..when guys tell me they have a black belt in karate...I can't help but be amused.
Johnstown is offline  Top