View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #75
coog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: When someone tells you that the have a black belt in karate...do you laugh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs View Post
Differences between Shotokan and Kyokoshin? Yes, there is, especially in the focus of training. Kyokushin focuses on full contact, continuous sparring. Shotokan focuses on one step point sparring.

There is a very big difference in mentality.
that is just how they train has not5hing to do with technique. There are alot of shotokan fighters who fight full contact. Like i said before a kick is a kick and a punch is a punch. Karate does focus more on the ball of the foot vs the shin in a round house but that is a bout it I have always used my instep and shin when throwing a roundhouse. muay thai does alot of switch foot kicking before throwing the roundhouse. i think that it telegraphs the kick. both styles use knees rear kicks etc karatre uses the side kick more often the reason because it is a street oriented self defence kicks to the groin are legal so backfist sidekick combo is effective I have seen good fighters from every style even kung fu. It all depends on the individual. One of the mistakes that karate guys may make in a Street fight is typical awareness. Plus in a street fight One should usually throw a punch first than follow it up with a strong kick. insted of kickking first.
coog is offline  Top